Sunday, April 9, 2023

GRADUATION SPEECH

 

ood afternoon, thank you very much for the opportunity so that now I can stand in front of you here. First of all let me express my gratitude to God for His grace that we can gather in good condition today. With all respect the rector, dean, seniors, colleagues, and my friends in this University.

Dear my beloved friends,

When I heard that my name was nominated as the best student of the year, there is no word that can express my feeling. 4 years studying at this University, there is still that feeling, the exactly same feeling that I got when I derived to this University the first time, during orientation.

I never target myself to be the best student or scoring achievements. I walked through the day on this college comfortably, due to the supports from all of the elements. They supported me to grow. I could be serious when conducting test or non-academic matters, but at the other side I also enjoyed every single second together with friends and seniors.

The lecturers in this college are those with high passion toward education. The word tired is not available in their life. They are here to guide us, the student, to conquer things that we haven’t know before. Each lecturer, with its own character, has full role in shaping the students. Thank you for everything that you taught us until I can be the best student now.

Dear my friends that I respect the most,

But you have to remember that there is something more important than great score in your hand, or the predicate as the best student. Those will be overthrew by the attitude of someone. Within days we will leave this University, spread our wings broader and join the society. What we have to emphasize are good etiquette and attitude. We are not going far in this life just based on what we knew in this college. We are going to grow in this life by what we will learn after leaving this University.

There is one more thing that I learned here. In front of us, there are many people with their own character. Everyone is different. When we see someone with better path than us, don’t just follow their path. Every one of us has our own path. Trust yourself, talk to yourself, find what you want, and that will lead you to success.

The world that we are now facing is rigid, with broader character, and not everything is as easy as what we faced during college. Ups and downs, struggle during studying at this University were nothing compared to what we will face later. At that point, please do remember the proud feeling in our heart today, at this very graduation moment, as our principle in facing any condition.

Michelle Obama once stated on her speech: no one gets through college alone. Everyone who was intermingling with us, has its own role to bring us today, wearing this graduation uniform. That’s why I want to express my deepest gratitude and thank you for what you’ve done. Be an open-minded person, facing difference wisely, and hold onto what we’ve got in this college, to enter the real jungle of life.

Thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment